Disc Golf Stretching Advice From Reddit

Disc Golf Stretching Advice From Reddit


 Everyone knows that reddit is the number one source for real and accurate information on the internet /s. Well even if that is not the case, we can still enjoy this content from the disc golf subreddit r/discgolf as the beautiful disc golfers of the internet discuss the best ways to stretch to help you build your disc golf dynasty. 

Disc Golf Stretching Tips


5. u/SplitVision: "I'm on my phone, so I can't really post any YouTube links, but I recommend checking out the YouTube channel Disc Golf Strong"

This comment is baffling to me. Even though this comment was 2 years old at the time of me writing this, how are you not able to copy and paste a YouTube link to reddit, weird. Anyways I will do the dirty work and link an article to his page here: https://www.discgolfstrong.com/

4. u/-comfypants: "I do chest stretches, upper back/ shoulder stretches, torso twists, neck rolls and big arm circles forward and backward before each round. After the round I stretch my calfs and torso before I get in my car"

To me it seems like Mr. Comfy Pants has got his system for disc golf stretching dialed in. Although he maybe could have been a little more descriptive on some of his stretching technique, nonetheless we can take away that he thinks stretching before a round of disc golf is a good thing and who can hate on a man for that.

3. u/Nyogta: "Not exactly stretching, but I struggled a lot with my elbow last season. Before the snow melted in my area, I started using these exercises by "Disc Golf Strong"- I now also used some modified version to "warm up" my wrist/ elbow before throwing.

End result? No pain or ache in my elbow so far. Huge thanks to Disc Golf Strong"\

Looks like Disc Golf Strong has some more disciples in the r/discgolf subreddit. Jokes aside this guy obviously is pumping out some great content and I am going to have to check it out. 


2. u/theNightblade: "I always warm up my shoulders with a resistance band. And my hips with some toy soldier leg swings and airplanes"

I do not have much to comment on this guys disc golf stretching advice as it is pretty basic but dope username bro, that was probably hard af to get.

1. u/M0b1u5 "Total and complete waste of time. Injuries are neither avoided, nor lessened, nor are recovery times reduced my stretching ahead of exercise. This is arguably the biggest lie in sports, today.

However, being flexible DOES reduce the incidence and severity of injuries, and also reduces the recovery time.

So this means if you are serious about reducing injuries you take up yoga, and stay strong and flexible in your old age."

This guy goes IN on those of us who stretch before we play disc golf, all to say that we should stretch anyway, just with a fancier name. This comment stinks, yoga is stretching Morbius, no wonder your movie stunk so bad. 


More Content:

0 Comments